Men of ROCC,
Our Men’s retreat is coming up soon on October 20th-21st. Please join us for a great time of worship, teaching, and fellowship! This year’s topic is Leading by Discipling, and we will discuss practical ways to disciple people at home, at church, and at work.
If you have not signed up yet, please click here: This will help significantly with meal prep and planning.
- Location: Wears Valley Ranch; 100 One Fine Place, Sevierville, TN 37862; or 3601 Line Springs Rd, Sevierville, TN 37862
- Times and Dates: Arrive by 6:30 PM, Friday, October 20. Ends around 5:30 PM, Saturday, October 21, 2017.
- Cost: $30, includes housing and your meals.
- Teaching Topic: Leading by Discipling
What to bring:
- To share Friday night–a drink, a dessert, or a snack. If you want to eat a full dinner Friday night, eat on your own before arriving.
- Corn hole set–we need sets for our 3rd annual men‘s retreat corn hole tournament
- Cash or check for retreat payment.
- Your own sheets, pillow, and anything else you need for sleeping. Don’t forget your ear plugs.
- Toiletries and towel, wash cloth, or whatever else you need for cleanliness and personal hygiene.
- Bible, notebook, pen, and whatever else you need for taking notes, personal study, and reflection.
- Weather-appropriate Clothing
A sermon on Matthew 5:21-26 by Patrick Bowerman
Click here to download sermon slideshow
To better serve our members and visitors during transition between services, second service Worship and Sunday School classes will now begin at 11:00am starting June 4 (this week). Our start time for the first service Worship and Sunday School will remain at 9:00am. If you have any questions about the time change, feel free to call the church office at 865-980-9088. Thank you and see you on Sunday!
Ladies of River Oaks, you are invited to join us for our 2017 Women’s Retreat, April 28-30 at Camp Montvale. This year’s theme is “Living in Light of the Gospel”, and we will discuss how the gospel empowers and compels us to Declare, Disciple, and Demonstrate. To get signed up, please fill out the registration packet that is attached and turn it in by April 23. *Also, please not that there is a discount if your packet is turned in by April 9.
Camp Montvale – Harmony Family Services
4901 Montvale Road Maryville, TN 37803
The cost for the retreat is $95, with a $10 discount if fees and forms are submitted by April 9.
If needed, you can request scholarship funds when you register.
Check-in begins at 5:00 on Friday, with the 1st session beginning at 6:30.
We won’t serve dinner on Friday, so please bring a snack or drink to share later.
We will depart on Sunday (about noon), following worship & brunch.
New this year:
You can tent camp – IF you have all your own equipment and are
able to completely set up on Thursday evening before the Retreat.
The deadline to register is Sunday, April 23rd. Please sign up ASAP, so that we can reserve your spot and so that you get the best price!
Due to the Women’s Retreat, we will only have one worship service (at 10:45am) on Sunday, April 24. There will be no Adult Sunday School Classes. Children’s Classes will be offered as usual for 2nd service.
Please pass the word so that everyone knows what time we are meeting.